|Published:||Aug 21, 2012 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 21, 2012 5:44 PM EDT|
HUNTSVILLE, Ala.- Daniel Proctor was sentenced to life in prison on theft charges in a Huntsville, Alabama courtroom Tuesday morning.
Proctor's ex-wife, Amy Patterson, has been missing for over a year. Proctor was suspected in her disappearance, but was never charged.
The theft charges in Madison County, Alabama stem from Proctor’s alleged flight after investigators began questioning him about Patterson’s disappearance, according to our CBS affiliate WHNT. He is charged with stealing a truck and a pistol from a friend in Madison County.
Proctor pleaded not guilty to the two charges he faces (theft of a firearm and theft of a motor vehicle, a 1992 Ford Explorer). He also made a motion to dismiss the case, which Judge Pate denied.
Patterson lived with Proctor on Pine Island. She was a teacher in Cape Coral. Officials believe she is dead, but have never recovered her body.
Trust WINK News to bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Missing baby may be in the company of Lakeland woman
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida