FORT MYERS, Fla. - Four cars parked at an auto service lot in Fort Myers erupted in flames early Tuesday morning. Two more vehicles were damaged as the fire spread.
Surveillance video show the fire started underneath the hood of a Mercedes. The fire knocked out power to the building and the video ends before the fire spread to other vehicles. The State Fire Marshal is investigating.
Fort Myers Fire Department responded to the call before 3:00 a.m. and found four cars engulfed at Pro Tech Automotive Services at the corner of Edwards Street and Harney Place, just off Palm Beach Boulevard. These were all customer vehicles, identified by the office manager as a Mercedes, a Dodge pickup, a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and a Dodge Durango.
The damage to the vehicles is estimated to be around $70,000. The fire also did about $5,000 damage to the building in broken windows and heat damage to the walls.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget