|Published:||Aug 20, 2012 10:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 20, 2012 10:20 AM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a man shot a pit bull-type dog after it jumped a fence and attacked his Jack Russell terrier near his Bradenton home.
The Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/SdSnDO ) reports the dog was in the backyard of a home, but jumped a three-foot concrete wall and began attacking the terrier just before 7 p.m. Sunday.
The man who was walking the terrier pulled a .38 Ruger from his pocket and shot the dog in the neck and shoulder. Manatee County Sheriff's deputies say the man had a concealed weapons permit.
The sheriff's office says the shooting appeared justified and no charges have been filed.
The condition of the pit bull was not immediately available.
Information from: The Bradenton Herald , http://www.bradenton.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic