|Published:||Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Police have arrested nearly 20 women at area strip clubs as part of a crackdown ahead of the Republican National Convention.
From the Pink Pony to the Play Pen, undercover officers made the rounds visiting 12 strip clubs in a two-day operation called "Keep it Clean". Sixteen women were arrested Thursday and Friday and charged with offering to commit prostitution.
Tampa Police said they are investigating prostitution and human sex trafficking of minors based on tips that prostitutes may be coming to Tampa to work in adult establishments during the convention.
Thousands are expected to come to town for the Republican National Convention on Aug. 27-30 at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Protecting children on the roads
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Union Yote Set for some Lee Co. Government Workers