|Published:||Aug 17, 2012 12:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 17, 2012 12:12 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's School Resource Officer (SRO) at Lemon Bay High School arrested an adult student on felony drug charges Thursday. Gerald O’Rourke II, 18, of 740 Morningside Drive, was arrested and charged with Possession of Hydromorphone and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
LBH school officials contacted the SRO after O’Rourke was caught smoking in the boys' restroom. O’Rourke was also observed removing a small object from a pocket and putting it in his left sock. The SRO searched the sock and located a small red baggie with the words printed that read “Stay High.” Inside the bag were three Hydromorphone Hydrochloride pills that are classified as “opiods” which includes Morphine.
O’Rourke said he had removed the three pills from his grandmother’s prescription bottle and took them to school. O’Rourke was suspended from school for 10-days with a recommendation for expulsion. He was then transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on a $6,000 bond.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident