|Published:||Aug 16, 2012 1:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2012 5:55 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County woman accused of capital sexual assault on an 18-month-old child has been found guilty.
Melissa Bailey and her then boyfriend, Glenn Nelson were both arrested for the crime. Nelson took a plea deal on his charges and is currently behind bars.
Her defense tried, unsuccessfully, to argue for an insanity plea, based on brain surgery Bailey had as a child.
Bailey will be sentenced on October 19th and faces mandatory life in prison, but her attorney says he will appeal.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound