|Published:||Aug 16, 2012 1:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2012 5:55 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County woman accused of capital sexual assault on an 18-month-old child has been found guilty.
Melissa Bailey and her then boyfriend, Glenn Nelson were both arrested for the crime. Nelson took a plea deal on his charges and is currently behind bars.
Her defense tried, unsuccessfully, to argue for an insanity plea, based on brain surgery Bailey had as a child.
Bailey will be sentenced on October 19th and faces mandatory life in prison, but her attorney says he will appeal.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads