LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Deputies and U.S. Marshals swarmed a Lehigh Acres home Thursday night in search of a murder suspect.
The U.S. Marshalls FL Regional Fugitive Task Force out of Broward and Miami Dade Counties developed informtation that a suspect sought in connection with a murder as well as a shootout with police on the east coast was inside a home near the intersection of Meadow Road and 54th Street SW. They were looking for 26-year-old Felipe Torrealba.
Deputy U.S. Marshal John Kinsey said they came to the home to serve a warrant, and called upon the Lee County Sheriff's Office for assistance.
After several hours of trying to reach Torrealba, authorities moved in, only to find he was not there. Officials do not know where Torrealba may be hiding, but they do consider him to be armed and dangerous.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th