|Published:||Aug 16, 2012 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2012 1:13 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Collier County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in identifying a man who detectives want to question in connection with a grand theft case.
On Jan. 18 the man met with a number of people who were not legally in the U.S. at the state Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles service center, 725 Airport-Pulling Road S., East Naples, to aid them in obtaining fraudulent driver licenses, according to detectives. He requested money and passports from each victim and then drove away in a dark blue Ford Expedition.
Detectives said the man is described as Hispanic, possibly Cuban, about 5 feet 11 inches tall and 230 pounds. He identified himself as Alex Martinez in telephone conversations with some of the victims, detectives said.
Anyone with information regarding the identity of this man is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 239.252.9300, or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-8477 (TIPS).
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies