|Published:||Aug 15, 2012 12:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2012 12:57 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Today could be your lucky day! Powerball mania is sweeping the country as the jackpot grows to more than $300 million. One Fort Myers store is selling hundreds of dollars worth of tickets, in hopes of winning big.
A gas station on Palm Beach Boulevard sold more than five hundred dollars worth of Powerball tickets in a matter of a few hours. Right now, the Powerball jackpot is $320 million. Wednesday morning, the winning amount was $305 million, but it rose as more people bought tickets.
Currently, the $320 million jackpot is the fourth largest Powerball jackpot in history. Powerball fever is hitting the nation. The lottery game is played in more than 30 states. People are buying multiple tickets and some are just purchasing one, dreaming of winning big.
Whoever wins the big prize tonight, can choose to have it paid in increments for the next 29 years, take the lump sum, which would be $213 million, after taxes. And of course, you have the option of sharing it with your favorite journalists at WINK News...
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- State Fire Marshal investigates possible attempted arson
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school