|Published:||Aug 15, 2012 6:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 16, 2012 8:01 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS-Fla.- "I guess you never think things like this would happen to you and it does. It is hard and this guy is still out there," said the victim's mother Marisol Battle. "I think about it everyday since this happened. I just thank God he's still here with us."
On June 28th, her 9-year old son was helping his grandfather landscape in South Fort Myers when the suspect jumped out of bushes on Arbor Drive South and grabbed the boy. "He put his hands on his shoulder and said don't move, don't say a word, or I am going to hurt you- walk with me," said Battle.
Once in the suspect's red pickup truck, Battle said her son buckled his seatbelt. "There was a picture of two little girls in that car, my son seen, and who knows if those were the next two victims or if they really are his kids. It is scary." said Battle.
Three miles down the road, on McGregor Blvd near Iona road, the suspect let the boy go. "He said the guy looked very scared, very nervous, shaky and he didn't tell him to get out of the car he just opened the door for him and waved his hand so didn't say anything to him," said Battle.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office put out a sketch of the suspect the next day.
"I feel they will get this guy. He will come around. I feel what you do you pay for it whether it is now or later," Battle said.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office said this is still an active investigation.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.