|Published:||Aug 15, 2012 10:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2012 1:05 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Port Charlotte man after he threatened his mother after smoking incense (fake weed). Antonio Raymond Campbell, 19, of 21254 Stillwater Avenue, was charged with felony Aggravated Assault and remains in the Charlotte County Jail. This is Campbell’s 17th booking.
Deputies responded Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. when Campbell’s mother called and said her son was tearing up their house. The mother told deputies Campbell asked her to buy him incense but she refused. Campbell then broke a glass table and stated, “I’m going to kill you if you call the police.” His mother said he had already smoked incense earlier in the day and becomes very angry and violent when he’s under the influence of it. As she turned away from him, Campbell picked up a glass vase and threw it at her; it narrowly missed her face. Campbell continued screaming at her and breaking things in the home. He put his fist through multiple windows, knocked a large television off its stand, damaged two walls, and then fled from the home before deputies arrived.
A BOLO was issued and minutes later deputies located Campbell at Harbor Boulevard and Stillwater Avenue; he had small cuts on his right hand. Campbell refused to give a statement to deputies, was arrested, and transported to the County Jail.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic