|Published:||Aug 14, 2012 1:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 14, 2012 1:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The polls are open and the Primary is under way across Southwest Florida. More than 70 races are taking place.
If you plan on voting, keep in mind that at least in Lee County, your voter precint may have changed. The county restructured 46 different precincts, so check your voter ID card to see if you were impacted. Where you voted in the last election, may not be the same place in this election.
Among the big races are the Lee County Sheriff and three seats on the Lee County Commission. Other elections to watch are the races for US Representative and US Senate. There are also some school board seats up for grabs.
Regardless of your party affiliation, you can vote in some of the races.
The polls close at 7:00 p.m.
Watch WINK News at 7 to start seeing immediate results.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers