|Published:||Aug 14, 2012 1:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 14, 2012 1:12 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The polls are open and the Primary is under way across Southwest Florida. More than 70 races are taking place.
If you plan on voting, keep in mind that at least in Lee County, your voter precint may have changed. The county restructured 46 different precincts, so check your voter ID card to see if you were impacted. Where you voted in the last election, may not be the same place in this election.
Among the big races are the Lee County Sheriff and three seats on the Lee County Commission. Other elections to watch are the races for US Representative and US Senate. There are also some school board seats up for grabs.
Regardless of your party affiliation, you can vote in some of the races.
The polls close at 7:00 p.m.
Watch WINK News at 7 to start seeing immediate results.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore