|Published:||Aug 14, 2012 8:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 15, 2012 12:40 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Trey Radel has won the GOP nomination for Congress in District 19.
The former Conservative talk radio host beat Chauncey Goss, Paige Kreegel, Gary Aubuchon, Byron Donalds and Joe Davidow.
"We're going to take this fight through November. We're going to win, and then we're going to bring Conservative values to Washington, and remember, Conservative values are not just Republican values, they're American values. And that's exactly what I want to do in serving the people of Southwest Florida," Radel told WINK News.
Radel will face Democratic candidate Jim Roach and independent Brandon Smith in the November general election.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft