|Published:||Aug 14, 2012 8:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 14, 2012 8:48 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Republican National Convention is less than two weeks away and planners are building a quarter-mile long, covered walkway between the two main event locations. During a news conference Monday, Mike Miller, the chief operating officer for the RNC Committee on Arrangements, said the building plans for the Tampa Bay Times Forum and the Tampa Convention Center are well underway and expected to be finished on time and on budget. The convention will be held at the Forum from Aug. 27-30. The 15,000-plus news media will be housed in the Convention Center. The two will be connected via an air-conditioned covered walkway. The GOP has also placed giant banners on the Forum?s exterior and the city of Tampa has placed similar flags around downtown to welcome delegates and other visitors.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms