|Published:||Aug 14, 2012 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 14, 2012 3:42 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say they've recovered the body of a diver who went missing while retrieving balls at a central Florida golf course.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office reports that 24-year-old Christopher Martin and another diver were recovering sunken golf balls in separate parts of a lake at the Eagle Creek Golf Club Friday when the other diver saw Martin's air tank floating without him.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/N0OknD ) reports that deputies spent two days searching the lake, eventually finding Martin's body Saturday evening. The death remains under investigation, and an autopsy will determine the cause of death.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting