|Published:||Aug 13, 2012 4:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2012 4:52 PM EDT|
DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - Florida Gov. Rick Scott has topped Texas Gov. Rick Perry in a fishing contest.
The two Republican governors joined military veterans in a fishing contest off Destin Monday.
Scott and his team reeled in five fish, while Perry's team caught two.
The governors said later that they compete in fishing but are on the same side when it comes to supporting presidential candidate Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan.
Both men praised Ryan and said he is the best choice to help bolster the nation's economy.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted