|Published:||Aug 13, 2012 10:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2012 10:15 AM EDT|
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a Georgia woman was killed, another woman was injured and a driver fled the scene in Panama City Beach.
Troopers say 21-year-old Kerri Ann Hall of Ailey, Ga. died early Sunday when the vehicle she was riding in was struck by another car. Thirty-year-old Tiffany Kena Pruett, also of Ailey, was taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Neither woman was wearing a seat belt.
Panama City Beach police found 22-year-old Robert Michael Dick III almost a mile away. He was arrested.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/NtjIx8 ) reports Bay County Sheriff's Deputy J.M. Duggins was struck by a car while directing traffic at the crime scene. Twenty-two-year-old Lindsey Bobo was charged with driving around a traffic detour barricade.
Information from: The News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer