|Published:||Aug 13, 2012 11:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2012 11:27 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTE, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's road deputy arrested a Port Charlotte man for drug trafficking in Percocet following a traffic stop for a tinted window violation. Jason Middlebrooks, 39, of 18302 Van Nuys Circle, was arrested.
The deputy saw Middlebrooks driving an Acura on O’Hara Drive Friday that had very dark tinted windows. The traffic stop was made and the tint reading was far below the legal limit. The deputy observed Middlebrooks appearing very nervous, sweating and shaking heavily. Middlebrooks gave the deputy consent to search his car and a Miami Dolphins hat was found wedged between the window and dash that contained 27 Percocet pills in a plastic baggie.
Middlebrooks was transported to the Charlotte County Jail on charges of Trafficking in Percocet, Possession with Intent to Distribute Percocet, Possession of Percocet and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He posted a $32,500 bond and was released.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013