|Published:||Aug 13, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
BELLEVIEW, Fla. (AP) - A man was killed and another was wounded when a gunman opened fire from a passing vehicle outside a north Florida supermarket.
Belleview Police Lt. Terry Holland told the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/Oe8JIw ) the shooting happened Sunday evening as a group of men walked through a rear parking lot at Sweetbay supermarket. A vehicle passed by and the gunman pushed the gun barrel out the window and starting shooting.
A man in his 50s died on the way to the Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala. Police say an 18-year-old victim was in stable condition at the hospital Sunday night. Police have not released their names.
Holland says the incident doesn't appear to be drug-related. Witnesses told police they didn't know the shooter.
Police are investigating.
Information from: Ocala Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Bill would make drug testing for candidates manditory