|Published:||Aug 13, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 13, 2012 10:08 AM EDT|
BELLEVIEW, Fla. (AP) - A man was killed and another was wounded when a gunman opened fire from a passing vehicle outside a north Florida supermarket.
Belleview Police Lt. Terry Holland told the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/Oe8JIw ) the shooting happened Sunday evening as a group of men walked through a rear parking lot at Sweetbay supermarket. A vehicle passed by and the gunman pushed the gun barrel out the window and starting shooting.
A man in his 50s died on the way to the Munroe Regional Medical Center in Ocala. Police say an 18-year-old victim was in stable condition at the hospital Sunday night. Police have not released their names.
Holland says the incident doesn't appear to be drug-related. Witnesses told police they didn't know the shooter.
Police are investigating.
Information from: Ocala Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales