|Published:||Aug 12, 2012 11:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 12, 2012 11:53 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - It was a night of recognition and celebration for Southwest Florida's local businesses and musicians.
Spot magazine and the Dixie Roadhouse in downtown Cape Coral came together to host the first-ever Spot Magazine Awards.
"If local businesses stick with local businesses and support local business, the socioeconomic impact is overwhelming. It really defines an area," said Brian Colando, co-owner of Spot Magazine.
Lisa Pavy, owner and editor of Spot Magazine, searches out the best talent in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, and Naples.
"Just those little hole in the wall places that you don't hear about but they deserve to get just as much notoriety as everybody else," Pavy said.
Now, the very best in arts and entertainment are being given the red-carpet treatment.
"We're hoping that a lot of people come out to support all the local musicians, the local establishments, and to just give them a cheer and a clap for all they do to make our area shine," she said.
With the help of more than 25,000 readers , the magazine narrowed a list with over 50+ categories to groups like Love In War, the winner of Best Original Rock Band.
"Throughout our time and travels, we found that local businesses sometimes just don't get enough notoriety," Pavy stated.
She hopes to make this an annual celebration.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges