|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a woman sustained minor injuries in a collision with a St. Petersburg police cruiser.
Police say the officer was patrolling for jaywalkers Friday morning when a white convertible crashed into the side of his marked vehicle at an intersection. The woman driving the convertible was treated at the scene.
A witness told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Nlmp5D) that the officer ran a red light.
A police spokesman says they're investigating the crash and will determine whether the officer was at fault.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle