|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a woman sustained minor injuries in a collision with a St. Petersburg police cruiser.
Police say the officer was patrolling for jaywalkers Friday morning when a white convertible crashed into the side of his marked vehicle at an intersection. The woman driving the convertible was treated at the scene.
A witness told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Nlmp5D) that the officer ran a red light.
A police spokesman says they're investigating the crash and will determine whether the officer was at fault.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting