|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A Punta Gorda Police officer has been fired after his supervisors say he violated 10 different department policies in the course of a single evening.
Corpral Harvey Ayers was told to turn in all of his equipment Friday morning, after an internal affairs investigation determined that Ayers violated policies in order to impress a female passenger who was riding with him on the night of May 28th.
The violations included conduct unbecoming, untruthfulness and allowing the female passenger to carry a firearm and act as a police officer despite not being trained or sworn as an officer.
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught