|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 4:44 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A Punta Gorda Police officer has been fired after his supervisors say he violated 10 different department policies in the course of a single evening.
Corpral Harvey Ayers was told to turn in all of his equipment Friday morning, after an internal affairs investigation determined that Ayers violated policies in order to impress a female passenger who was riding with him on the night of May 28th.
The violations included conduct unbecoming, untruthfulness and allowing the female passenger to carry a firearm and act as a police officer despite not being trained or sworn as an officer.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash