LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A 21-year-old driver has been named in the hit and run accident took place near a San Carlos Park bus stop early Thursday morning.
Officials say Chelsie Dahlbeck, of 7547 Morgan Road, is co-operating with the investigation. She contacted Florida Highway Patrol at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday to say she may have been the individual who struck Keisha Bien-Aime.
FHP said Bien-Aime was waiting for the school bus, at the intersection of Sanibel Blvd. and Geranium Road, when a pickup truck veered off the road, hit her and fled the scene.
The 16-year-old South Fort Myers High student is still listed in serious condition at Tampa General Hospital.
Dahlbeck's truck was seized on Friday morning, after a tip was called in to Crime Stoppers regarding its whereabouts.
It may be a week to 10 days before an arrest is made, if an arrest is made at all. Florida Highway Patrol is working with the States Attorney's Office to determine any possible charges.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Locked mystery safe found in Charlotte Harbor area
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- CCSO arrests 3, seizes 122 marijuana plants in bust
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- Turks & Caicos officials drop charges against 2 US tourists
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- State regulators suspend Lee County doctor's license