|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A group of faith leaders in the Tampa Bay area will protest the Republican National Convention in St. Petersburg the night before the event begins.
The protest will take place in St. Petersburg on Aug. 26, the night before the convention. The GOP is holding a convention kickoff party in St. Petersburg at Tropicana Field that evening; some 20,000 people are expected to attend.
The protest group says it will hold a community vigil and march to Tropicana Field. The group says its goal is to highlight income inequality and jobs for working class people.
The Republican National Convention will be held in Tampa from Aug. 27-30.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers