|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A group of faith leaders in the Tampa Bay area will protest the Republican National Convention in St. Petersburg the night before the event begins.
The protest will take place in St. Petersburg on Aug. 26, the night before the convention. The GOP is holding a convention kickoff party in St. Petersburg at Tropicana Field that evening; some 20,000 people are expected to attend.
The protest group says it will hold a community vigil and march to Tropicana Field. The group says its goal is to highlight income inequality and jobs for working class people.
The Republican National Convention will be held in Tampa from Aug. 27-30.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples