|Published:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2012 11:15 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A group of faith leaders in the Tampa Bay area will protest the Republican National Convention in St. Petersburg the night before the event begins.
The protest will take place in St. Petersburg on Aug. 26, the night before the convention. The GOP is holding a convention kickoff party in St. Petersburg at Tropicana Field that evening; some 20,000 people are expected to attend.
The protest group says it will hold a community vigil and march to Tropicana Field. The group says its goal is to highlight income inequality and jobs for working class people.
The Republican National Convention will be held in Tampa from Aug. 27-30.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017