|Published:||Aug 08, 2012 6:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2012 6:10 PM EDT|
SAN CARLOS PARK, Fla.- Rosalie Striano says a part of herself died the day Debbie was killed. Fifteen days ago, her oldest daughter was brutually murdered in her San Carlos Park home.
"I just miss Debbie and all the things we did together," Rosalie Striano said.
Investigators have accused Dustin Jaye and his uncle Billy Ray Retherford Junior of murdering the 55-year-old. Jaye is behind the bars for her death. Retherford Junior was on the run until this morning when a fugitive task force found him. Officers shot him dead after he allegedly raised a gun at them.
Striano's boyfriend Russell Myers said, "Good for Debbie that she got her justice."
Friends and neighbors who live doors down from the home where Striano was murdered said they're relieved the two suspects accused of killing her are no longer a threat.
Striano's best friend, Rosa Fredle said, "I felt like I could sleep a little bit better, but I still can't forget Deb. I wake up and go... oh Deb... oh my God."
Striano's memory burns bright in this community and people who loved her are praising the Lee County Sheriff's office today.
The victim's mother said, "Thank God they worked so hard. They really did- not only for Debbie, but others who they would have harmed you know that is what I was afraid of."
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Union vote set for some Lee Co. government workers
- Island Park brush fire remains mostly contained