|Published:||Aug 08, 2012 10:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2012 12:53 AM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A Lee County man wanted for murder is no longer a threat. After two weeks on the run, authorities shot and killed Billy Ray Retherford, Jr. And that has his neighbors breathing a sigh of relief.
Not only was Retherford wanted for the murder of Debra Striano, authorities also believe he is responsible for killing Gregory Imhoff Tuesday afternoon. Neighbors who lived near Retherford worried he could come back at any time.
His nephew, Dustin Jaye was also arrested in connection with Striano's death. He is still behind bars and expected back in court next month.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- North Fla. deputies fatally shoot man