|Published:||Aug 08, 2012 10:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2012 10:54 AM EDT|
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say four people are injured and one person is dead after an out-of-control car crashed into a South Florida nursing home.
Authorities tell The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/NcA7rI ) that the car hit a sidewalk curb, sailed into the air and crashed into the second floor of the North Miami Beach nursing home.
The driver was killed in the early Wednesday crash. Four people have been hospitalized. The names of the victims have not been released.
Authorities have shut down the roads around the home as they work to remove the wreckage and the driver's body.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys