|Published:||Aug 08, 2012 10:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2012 10:54 AM EDT|
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say four people are injured and one person is dead after an out-of-control car crashed into a South Florida nursing home.
Authorities tell The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/NcA7rI ) that the car hit a sidewalk curb, sailed into the air and crashed into the second floor of the North Miami Beach nursing home.
The driver was killed in the early Wednesday crash. Four people have been hospitalized. The names of the victims have not been released.
Authorities have shut down the roads around the home as they work to remove the wreckage and the driver's body.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve