|Published:||Aug 08, 2012 10:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2012 10:45 AM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- The Caloosahatchee Forestry Center is conducting a 12-acre prescribed burn today in Lehigh Acres at 58th St. W and Ida Ave. N.
Prescribed burns reduce the density of vegetation and the risks associated with catastrophic wildfire. Regular prescribed burns help ensure safety, promote healthy forests and enhance wildlife habitat.
Visit goodfire.org to learn more about prescribed burns.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico