|Published:||Aug 07, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 07, 2012 5:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL - Lee Memorial Health Systems announces as of August 1st a new computer system is in place to keep your health records secure is in place. The system called EPIC not only stores patients records, but makes them available to doctors and nurses throughout the hospital network. Gone are the days of doctors asking patients to, "get the report from the doctor", to bring to their next visit. Now, with the click of a button a patients entire history can be displayed. The system also tracks patients in the hospital. Monitoring medications and providing health professionals with important patient dosage information. Nurses tell WINK News the system is expected to raise efficiency and security.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm