|Published:||Aug 07, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 07, 2012 10:44 AM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a southwest Florida woman was struck by a car while she was mowing the grass on a median near her home.
Florida Highway Patrol says Andrea Rody was mowing 2-foot-high grass on the median near her Sarasota home when a car hit her Monday morning. She died at a St. Petersburg hospital.
FHP says charges are pending.
County officials tell the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/NZHgNt ) that about 90 minutes before the accident, Rody complained to a passing county worker about the grass that had not been mowed in two months.
The county says the worker returned to tell Rody that the median had been approved for mowing Tuesday, and Rody said she would stop her work momentarily. According to the county, that conversation happened moments before the accident.
Information from: Sarasota Herald-Tribune, http://www.herald-trib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing