|Published:||Aug 07, 2012 6:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 07, 2012 6:01 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Police Department has made an arrest in the bank robbery investigation from yesterday. Detectives have arrested Jeffrey Blaine Robinson, 30 of Hollywood, Florida.
On Monday August 6th Robinson entered the 5/3 Bank located at 1801 NE Pine Island Road and handed the teller a note implying that he was armed with a gun demanding cash. The teller handed Robinson an undisclosed amount of money and Robinson fled the bank.
Detectives began investigating the crime and the suspect description as well as surveillance photos were distributed to the media, www.capecops.com and SWFL Crimestoppers. A tip was received by police stating that Robinson was the suspect.
Robinson was identified in the surveillance photos from the robbery and bank employees identified Robinson in a photo line-up as the robbery suspect.
Earlier this afternoon, Cape Coral Police Detectives located Robinson in Fort Myers. He was arrested for Bank Robbery. He will be processed and later taken to the Lee County Jail.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors