|Published:||Aug 06, 2012 3:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 3:21 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police arrested a prominent criminal defense attorney on domestic battery charges on Sunday. David Brener is accused of attacking his live-in girlfriend for unknown reasons.
The victim told police that friends intervened and she left the residence. When the victim thought Brener had cooled down, she returned to the residence only to be attacked again.
The victim was afraid to report the incident to police, as she feared what Brener might do to her in retaliation.
Due to the victim's visible injuries, Brener was arrested for domestic violence.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors