|Published:||Aug 06, 2012 3:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 3:21 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police arrested a prominent criminal defense attorney on domestic battery charges on Sunday. David Brener is accused of attacking his live-in girlfriend for unknown reasons.
The victim told police that friends intervened and she left the residence. When the victim thought Brener had cooled down, she returned to the residence only to be attacked again.
The victim was afraid to report the incident to police, as she feared what Brener might do to her in retaliation.
Due to the victim's visible injuries, Brener was arrested for domestic violence.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating