|Published:||Aug 06, 2012 6:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 6:37 PM EDT|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a St. Lucie County man has been arrested for flying a plane while drunk.
The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says a helicopter pilot reported seeing a plane flying very low and repeatedly trying to land early Sunday morning. After the single-engine plane landed, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper questioned the 36-year-old pilot, David Wayne King, and said he smelled alcohol on his breath.
Treasure Coast Newspapers (http://bit.ly/RRPlAF) reports King, of New Port Richey, was charged with felony reckless operation of an aircraft. A passenger, 47-year-old John Gibson of Tarpon Springs, was arrested on drug charges.
It's not known whether either man has yet obtained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- SWFL residents join in March Against Monsanto
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Immokalee man bites another mans ear off
- FWC hits water during 'Busiest Boating Weekend'
- 90 acre brush fire in Charlotte County