|Published:||Aug 06, 2012 6:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 6:37 PM EDT|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a St. Lucie County man has been arrested for flying a plane while drunk.
The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office says a helicopter pilot reported seeing a plane flying very low and repeatedly trying to land early Sunday morning. After the single-engine plane landed, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper questioned the 36-year-old pilot, David Wayne King, and said he smelled alcohol on his breath.
Treasure Coast Newspapers (http://bit.ly/RRPlAF) reports King, of New Port Richey, was charged with felony reckless operation of an aircraft. A passenger, 47-year-old John Gibson of Tarpon Springs, was arrested on drug charges.
It's not known whether either man has yet obtained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fla. Gov. wants to cut auto registration fees