|Published:||Aug 06, 2012 9:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2012 12:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL - A major announcement from executives at Lee Memorial Health Systems... one of the largest, if not the largest donation in southwest Florida history. The donor, who wishes to remain anonymous has put up a challange to the hospital and its fund-raisers. If the hospital can raise 20 million dollars in the next two years the donor will match those funds.
The money would go toward building a new children's hospital on the Healthpark Campus. The facility would be state of the art, able to treat children that currently would have to go to Miami or Tampa for specialized treatment.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static
- Naples Town Hall Speakers Series suspends 2014 season