|Published:||Aug 04, 2012 9:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2012 12:24 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE, Fla.- A 25-year-old Golden Gate man was killed overnight while he was inside his home. Collier County deputies are investigating the death of Ernest Torres II, on 54th Terrace SW in Golden Gate.
Spokewsoman Michelle Batten tells WINK News dispatchers received a call about a suspicious death at 4:48 A.M. Saturday.
Dalton Whitaker, who lives next door, says he saw Ernest's mother sitting outside the home early Saturday morning.
"She was crying and she said 'Dalton, they just killed Ernie, they put a gun through the window and shot him," Whitaker said.
No word yet if any arrests have been made.
Check back for updates.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico