|Published:||Aug 03, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2012 5:51 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A close friend of a murder victim in North Naples is giving us a personal look at his life. Joe Godcharles was found dead inside his condo on Wednesday. His friend and co-worker, Jason Williamson, shared new video that shows the 48-year-old man as the loving and caring dad they'll always remember.
"Joe was such a fun-loving guy. He was special," said Williamson.
Williamson will always remember Joe as the man who is enjoying a dance and life at his wedding in 2007.
"I think we're all still in shock. Joe was such a great guy. He had no enemies. No one can really wrap their heads around what happened that night. It just doesn't make any sense at all," said Williamson.
Joe was found dead in his home by his son. The single dad was 48 years old. Williamson says everyone who met Joe loved him.
"I'm gonna miss him terribly. Words can't even express....I just can't believe it happened to such a wonderful, well liked, caring guy. He was just one of the best," said Williamson.
Joe spent time raising money for charitable causes like Relay for Life. He served the public every day as a Manager at a Collier County Walgreens. He loved being on the water and most of all his son.
"Joe was a single dad. Raising him entirely on his own and Joe has been such a role model for me and others. We all look up to him and respected him," said Williamson.
Joe's generosity and smile is something no one will forget.
Collier deputies say they still need help from the public to find the killer and make an arrest.
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf