|Published:||Aug 03, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Nearly 2,000 Miami foster kids are getting free school uniforms as they ready for a new school year.
Our Kids of Miami-Dade and Monroe Inc. is partnering with Neat Stuff uniform store. Foster and adoptive kids will receive about $120 worth of clothes, including five shirts and three pairs of pants during Friday's giveaway.
Event organizers estimate they will give away more than $200,000 worth of uniforms.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record