|Published:||Aug 03, 2012 3:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2012 6:40 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A Naples diver has been rescued after she ended up two miles away from her boat.
Law enforcement says Cindy Tutino was exploring the "Cuban wreck" near Gordon Pass in Naples and went missing for an hour.
Coast guard, police and the Sheriff's Office Marine Unit searched the waters until a civilian boat spotted her miles away from the
Tutino has been diving for 30 years. She told WINK News she realized the boat was missing, but swimming to it was not an option. Instead, she began to swim to shore. She says she knew she would be alright, but was worried about what her son and husband would think had happened to her.
Her son said he was worried because she hadn't come up after 40 minutes and he saw sharks swimming in the area.
Tutino was brought to shore and is doing fine, but was brought to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme