CHALOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Cameron reminds motorists that school starts next Tuesday in Charlotte County.
Sheriff Cameron said, “I ask motorists to be especially cautious in observing school zone speed limits, school bus laws when picking up or dropping off students, and yielding to students in crosswalks.”
The CCSO Traffic Safety Team will increase enforcement in all school zones next week to ensure safety of students and compliance with the law. Road deputies will also be looking for school bus law violators. Motorists are also reminded to be sure that children in the vehicle are properly buckled up.
For students walking to school, parents or guardians should instruct their children about safety along the route to school, and to obey the crossing guards.
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers