|Published:||Aug 03, 2012 6:02 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 03, 2012 6:02 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Broward County are investigating the death of a 4-year-old boy who was pulled from a hot day care vehicle where he had been left alone.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says Jordan Coleman was found unconscious in the vehicle Wednesday afternoon with temperatures in the low 90s. Attempts to revive the boy failed and he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The vehicle belonged to the 3C's Day Academy in Sunrise. BSO's Child Protective Investigations Section is investigating the boy's death and the safety of other children at the day care center. Authorities say the center is now closed.
An autopsy was done Thursday on the boy's body but the results have not yet been announced. No one has been charged in the case.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend