|Published:||Aug 02, 2012 11:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2012 11:04 AM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A Charlotte County Sheriff's road deputy made a traffic stop knowing the driver had a suspended license, and discovered quantities of drugs that resulted in eight charges. Jennifer Ashley Collins, 25, of 3201 Amanda Street, was arrested. This is her 17th booking into the Charlotte County Jail with 37 records; she is also a convicted felon.
The deputy saw Collins driving a pickup Wednesday and knew her license was suspended in 2007 as a habitual traffic violator and knowing her from prior dealings. As the deputy was pulling her over he observed Collins squirming in her seat attempting to hide something. The traffic stop was made at U.S. 41 and Aqui Esta Drive in Punta Gorda at 4 p.m.
As he approached Collins, she was crying hysterically and said she was going back to prison if she gets arrested. When asked if she had anything illegal in her pickup, she pulled out a large zipper bag from behind her body. The deputy opened the bag and found a glass pipe and a straw with Methamphetamine residue; a pill bottle with two baggies of marijuana; a large baggie with five smaller Zip-Lock baggies containing 260 Klonopin pills, 40 Morphine pills, 38 Xanax pills, and 12 Xanax pills.
Collins was arrested and taken to the County Jail on charges of Trafficking in Klonopin, Trafficking in Morphine, Trafficking in Xanax, Possession of Valium, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Narcotics Paraphernalia, and Driving While License Suspended as Habitual. She remains in jail on no bond due to her past criminal history.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart