|Published:||Aug 02, 2012 5:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2012 6:27 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Kortne Jayoun Sturgis, 22, of 2121 SE Collier Avenue, has been arrested for second degree murder in the death of Steven Riggs.
The investigation revealed that during the night of July 9th and into the morning hours of July 10th, the two had been at the residence with a group of people who were drinking alcohol and using narcotics. Sometime during the night the two began to argue and Sturgis pointed a gun at Riggs. A witness at the scene intervened by separating the two.
Riggs went outside to leave and Sturgis followed. Sturgis then fired several rounds striking Riggs multiple times. Riggs was transported to the hospital, but succumbed to his injuries several days later.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Cape councilman McClain stays