|Published:||Aug 02, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who struck a construction worker on the Siesta Key Bridge in Sarasota.
Authorities say 60-year-old Larry Norris fell about 15 feet off the bridge Wednesday. He was treated at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune (http://bit.ly/Qi6So8 ) reports a burgundy Lexus sedan hit the worker as a crew was working on the bridge. The car was last seen on Midnight Pass Road in Sarasota.
Anyone with information is asked to call Sarasota police.
Information from: Sarasota Herald-Tribune, http://www.herald-trib.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Personal finance expert Suze Orman speaks at UF
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Third-grade FCAT math and reading scores static