|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 12:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 12:10 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A 19-year-old pedestrian is in serious condition after being struck by a vehicle's runaway tire Tuesday evening. Lesley Ann Coley remains at Lee Memorial Hospital.
A Jeep Wrangler suddenly lost a tire while traveling south on Airport-Pulling Rd. The tire bounced over the median and struck Coley in the back. She had been standing on the sidewalk, but began to run when she saw the tire racing toward her. Coley was knocked face-first onto the concrete sidewalk and was rendered unconscious.
The tire continued on until it struck a Nissan Pathfinder in the left turn lane of Glades Blvd.
No one other than Coley was injured in this accident.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted