|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 12:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 12:10 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A 19-year-old pedestrian is in serious condition after being struck by a vehicle's runaway tire Tuesday evening. Lesley Ann Coley remains at Lee Memorial Hospital.
A Jeep Wrangler suddenly lost a tire while traveling south on Airport-Pulling Rd. The tire bounced over the median and struck Coley in the back. She had been standing on the sidewalk, but began to run when she saw the tire racing toward her. Coley was knocked face-first onto the concrete sidewalk and was rendered unconscious.
The tire continued on until it struck a Nissan Pathfinder in the left turn lane of Glades Blvd.
No one other than Coley was injured in this accident.
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Some adult arcades still open after ban
- A young girl is home after a near drowning incident
- New home industry really coming back?
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal d
- Florida Leads U.S. in Vacated Foreclosure Homes
- Comedy night to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys