|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 11:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 11:34 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A coalition of economic development agencies have bought a 20-page special section touting the Tampa Bay area in Southwest Airline's Spirit magazine and US Airways Magazine to coincide with the Republican National Convention later this month.
Southwest, Tampa International's biggest carrier, will make the magazine available on all its flights starting Wednesday. It's expected to reach 6 million readers this month.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/MYWCjF) reports that the magazine spread was paid for from a $350,000 budget that Tampa Bay and Company is using to market the bay area during the RNC.
More than 50,000 people are expected to visit the area for the RNC and officials hope the influx - and the television broadcast - will have a positive effect on the region's tourism.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI