|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 11:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 2:31 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A crash on southbound I-75 just south of Immokalee Rd. in Naples left a mother and daughter seriously injured Wednesday morning.
All lanes were blocked south of Immokalee Rd. for an emergency helicopter landing, but have since been reopened.
Bonita Springs residents Laura Lopez, 41, and Johonna Lopez, 4, were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the accident and are both being treated at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Lopez was driving behind a Chevy Colorado when it suddenly lost its bed liner. The liner landed in the center lane, obstructing Lopez' view without warning. She tried to avoid it, but the front right end of her Nissan Altima hit the bed liner, sending the vehicle spinning into the path of a dump truck. The truck hit the Nissan's rear right end.
Neither of the other drivers were injured.
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing
- Passerby pulls floating 5 year-old from North Naples pond
- Beach-goers keeping an eye on the waves in the Gulf
- LCEC's portable substation can restore power to thousands
- Estero residents could soon vote to become part of Bonita