|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 11:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 6:13 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- On Wednesday at 10:07 a.m., the Marco Island Police Department was dispatched to the City of Marco Island Water Plant located at 805 East Elkcam Circle in reference to a person who fell from a ladder.
Upon arrival, Marco Island Fire Rescue and Collier EMS medical personnel were treating a white male who had traumatic injuries.
A witness stated he saw the individual fall approximately 18 feet from the ladder. The witness further stated that it looked like the injured male passed out before he fell. The witness and the injured person are employees of Cardinal Contractors (Ft. Lauderdale), a sub-contractor working at the city's water treatment plant.
Medical personnel airlifted the injured male to the Ft. Myers Trauma Center due to his injuries.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time