|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 11:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 6:13 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- On Wednesday at 10:07 a.m., the Marco Island Police Department was dispatched to the City of Marco Island Water Plant located at 805 East Elkcam Circle in reference to a person who fell from a ladder.
Upon arrival, Marco Island Fire Rescue and Collier EMS medical personnel were treating a white male who had traumatic injuries.
A witness stated he saw the individual fall approximately 18 feet from the ladder. The witness further stated that it looked like the injured male passed out before he fell. The witness and the injured person are employees of Cardinal Contractors (Ft. Lauderdale), a sub-contractor working at the city's water treatment plant.
Medical personnel airlifted the injured male to the Ft. Myers Trauma Center due to his injuries.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing