|Published:||Aug 01, 2012 4:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2012 4:39 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives this afternoon arrested two Englewood Walmart employees for stealing $4,000 worth of electronics and selling on Craigslist and Facebook. Danny Eugene Mayes III, 19, of 5434 Guidepost Terrace in Gulf Cove, and Andrew Scott Mosher, 19, of 11041 Pendleton Avenue in Englewood East, were arrested.
Wal-Mart security contacted CCSO Tuesday following an internal investigation that two employees were stealing items from the store. Detectives met with security and learned that Mosher and Mayes had been removing items from boxes and hiding the empty packaging at various locations in the store. Items known stolen at this time were five Apple iPads, a Vita play station Vita, various games, ear phones, and a knife. Both stole the items and Mayes was reportedly selling them on the internet to buyers in Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte and Ft. Myers for money needed to go to college.
Detectives recovered some of the unsold items and $1,020 in cash from the sale of the other items. Both were arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail. Mayes and Mosher were both charged with Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property. Mayes bond was set at $27,000 and Mosher at $7,500. The investigation continues.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation