|Published:||Jul 31, 2012 10:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 31, 2012 10:43 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - While puppets have been a feature of the political landscape at conventions and large-scale demonstrations for decades, officials have effectively banned them for the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/MXo0MZ ) reports that the city has essentially declared puppets' components illegal in the RNC event zone, which covers most of the downtown area.
No sticks, strings or masks allowed - therefore, no puppets.
Tampa-area protesters have held a series of puppet-making workshops in recent weeks for those who plan to protest at the Republican National Convention in from Aug. 27-30.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting