|Published:||Jul 31, 2012 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 31, 2012 1:13 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested a woman who stabbed her boyfriend twice in his shoulder with a pair of scissors. Brittany Morgan Villatte, 26, of 1541 Pulaski Street, was arrested and charged with Domestic Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon. Villatte remains in the Charlotte County Jail on no bond; this is her 12th booking.
CCSO deputies responded Monday at 5:30 a.m. to Walgreens at 1930 Kings Highway in Port Charlotte after receiving a call about a stabbing. They met with the boyfriend who said he was stabbed twice in his shoulder during an argument with Villatte at her home. The victim was transported to Fawcett Memorial Hospital by CCFD/EMS for his injuries.
Deputies responded to the home where the stabbing took place and observed blood in the driveway, lanai, foyer and hallway, plus on the Dodge Durango in the garage. Major Crimes Unit detectives were called and met with Villatte. Following the investigation, detectives believed Villatte was the primary aggressor; she was arrest and then transported to the jail.
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption
- Fla. Gov. asked to return money to insurer
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge